What could be nicer sidled up to a big bowl of hot soup? Or warm with a nice slathering of butter? Or tucked inside a lunch box waiting for a great kid to pop the lid open and gobble them all up?!
These muffins are cheesy and carrot-y and very easy to make. If you fancy you could add a spoonful or two of pesto – or substitute the carrot for zucchini.
Don’t hold back on the cheese though!
- Makes : 12
- Prep time : 10 mins
- Cooking time : 15 mins
Comforting cheese and carrot lunchbox muffin ingredients
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated carrot
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Mix all ingredients together until just combined. Don't mix too much!
- Fill muffin tray lined with paper muffin cases two-thirds full of mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked and browning around the edges.
- Gobble them all up!