An oldie but a goodie, chocolate crackles never disappoint. An awesome weekend activity for kids who want to have a crack at cooking in the kitchen, you need just five ingredients to make this sweet retro treat!
Clear a shelf in the fridge for this no bake recipe, it takes only around half an hour for chocolate crackles to set before you can devour one … or two – three tops. Fancy Nancy’s out there might want to top theirs with 100s and 1000s, so have them handy if the need arises.
- Makes : 24
- Prep time : 15 mins
Chocolate crackles ingredients
- 250g Copha, chopped
- 4 cups Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbs cocoa
- 100s and 100s (optional)
- Melt the Copha in a small saucepan over a medium low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Tip the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut and sift the icing sugar and cocoa into the bowl. Mix together to combine.
- Tip the melted Copha into the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Line a muffin tray with paper patty pan cases or use silicon moulds. Spoon the mixture into each cavity and top with 100s and 1000s (if you’re feeling fancy). Refrigerate until firm and that’s it, you’re done!
- This recipe will yield around two dozen chocolate crackles.
- Store in the fridge.
Browse our recipe section for more great meal ideas and treats to try.