Give good ol’ favourite rocky road an Easter makeover with this eggciting recipe. It’s a true chocolate lover’s delight!
Always a hit, rocky road is for those who really, really love chocolate. This Easter version isn’t for the faint of heart. Gather your chocolate eggs and let’s get busy.
500g dark chocolate melts
150g raspberry lollies
125g mini Easter eggs
6 mini cream eggs
12 mini solid chocolate eggs
100g marshmallows, cut in half
30g coconut oil
- Reserve a couple of tablespoons of mini eggs and slice a few mini eggs in half to decorate the top of the rocky road. Set aside. Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Using the double boiler method, melt together the dark chocolate melts and coconut oil, stirring until smooth and silky. Tip: Coconut oil makes the chocolate a little softer and easier to cut through.
- Add the marshmallows, Easter eggs and raspberries to the chocolate. Mix well.
- Pour the rocky road mix into the pan, pushing the mix to the corners. Scatter the reserved chocolate eggs on top to decorate. Refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
- Remove from the pan and cut into pieces with a hot, dry knife. Keep cool in an airtight container (preferably in the vegetable crisper to keep it from sweet toothed small people!).
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.