There’s something about chicken nuggets which kids are just mad about. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I can show you how to make your very own crunchy, bite sized chicken nuggets at home – they’re super easy and you know exactly what goes into them before they go into the kids’ bellies!
A delicious lunch or dinner for kids, these crunchy chicken nuggets could also be great for adults – just add a decent pinch of paprika to the flour for a bit of spicing up. Perfect weekend fare, don’t you agree?
500g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
100g plain flour
4 cups of Kellogg’s Cornflakes
salt and pepper
- Prepare a large baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- With a food processor or rolling pin, crush the Cornflakes a little with a quick blitz. The finer the crumb, the better they will stick to your chicken.
- In two medium size zip lock bags, place the Cornflakes in one and the flour in the other. Season the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Tip the chicken into the flour bag and seal. Give it a good shake to make sure all pieces are covered in flour.
- Shaking off the excess flour, dip the chicken into the beaten egg bowl before dumping in the Cornflakes bag.
- Seal the Cornflakes bag and give it a really good shake, making sure all pieces are covered in Cornflakes crumbs and no egg is visible.
- Place the nuggets on the prepared tray and lightly spray or drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through, turning the chicken half way through.
- This recipe will serve four children, served with salad or vegetables – just don’t forget the sauce for dipping!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.