06Becoming a parent can be the most rewarding and challenging thing you will ever do. Babies and small children give the best smiles and hugs, but their communication skills remain limited. Which means it’s up to us to try and work out why they’re not sleeping, feeding or behaving quite the way we’d like them to.
Mothercraft nurse Chris Minogue has over three decades experience helping families understand and tweak their children’s challenges, and she joins Helpline every week to help you navigate whatever challenges you are facing.
This week she tackles:
- A nine-month-old who wakes between 11.30pm and 2.00am every night
- A four-and-a-half month-old with nap challenges
- An early-rising three-year-old
- A possible four-month-old sleep regression
- Whether to transition a one-year-old to one nap a day
- What self-settling looks like, and how long you should try it for
- How to help an eleven-month-old maintain good sleep habits during house renovations
- How to move one-year-old twin brothers into their four-year-old sister’s bedroom
- How to help a six-month-old to self-settle
Listen to Chris Minogue on Feed Play Love:
Chris Minogue will be back next week. You can contact us by doing any of the following
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Chris during the Babyology Facebook live every Monday from 11:30 am on 1800 543 772
- Leave your question in our Babyology Helpline Facebook group.
Are the kids challenging you more than ever during lockdown? Our Live Helpline is here to help! Mothercraft nurse Chris Minogue is ready to answer all your baby and toddler questions, from sleep to behaviour and everything in between. Pop your question in the comments box below!
Posted by Babyology on Sunday, 3 May 2020