This week on Helpline in Focus, Gabbie Stroud – primary school teacher, mum and author of ‘Teacher’, ‘Dear Parents’ and ‘Measuring Up’ – joins us to talk about how parents can manage remote learning in lockdown.
Gabbie tackles the following subjects and questions sent in by our Facebook followers:
- Tips on how to make remote learning easier
- How to help a 6-year-old boy concentrate on school work
- If you’re supporting two children, should you be concentrating on the younger child (who is less capable of independent learning)?
- Whether lock down will lead to a large educational divide depending on how your school and household was able to do remote learning
- How much parents need to correct their child’s work
- How a teacher who is also home schooling their own kids should be responding to parents who demand answers 24/7
Listen to Gabbie Stroud on Feed Play Love:
To find out more about Gabbie Stroud and her work, head to her website or follow her on Facebook. To book in a one-on-one session with a Parent School expert, check out Parent School powered by Babyology.
Want to ask our experts your own question? Join our weekly LIVE Helplines on Facebook or leave your question in our Facebook Helpline Group.