If you, like me, love all things lemony – and the zestier, the better – you’re going to want to try this recipe for lemon coconut squares!
Perfect for a sweet little something, this no-bake recipe will soon be a favourite of all citrus lovers. Depending on just how tart you like your sweets from face puckering to sickly sweet, you can adjust the lemon accordingly.
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
250g Milk Arrowroot biscuits
zest of one large lemon
1 cup desiccated coconut
For the icing
1¾ cups icing sugar
juice of one lemon
¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and condensed milk. Stir over a gentle heat until butter has melted and is well combined.
- Using a rolling pin or a food processor, crush the biscuits to a fine crumb.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs, coconut and lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add the warm condensed milk mixture to the biscuit crumb mix. Stir to combine.
- Press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin. Cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Make the icing by mixing together the icing sugar, butter and lemon juice. Add a teaspoon or two of water if needed to get to a smooth consistency.
- Spread the icing over the top of the cold slice base and sprinkle the top with coconut. Return to the fridge to firm up.
- Remove from the tin and cross cut the slice into squares to serve. Yum!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.