Father’s Day is all about dad. Showering dad in cuddles. Spending time with dad. Letting dad relax. But, the key to a successful Father’s Day usually comes down to one person – mum.
So, if your Father’s Day was anything like ours, then these 20 things most likely happened.
1. You purchased an extra box of chocolates at the shops.
One for Dad. One for you.
2. You “helped” the kids make a Father’s Day card.
And took over after the kids only managed to scribble three lines and put Spiderman stickers over the message.
3. You added a gift card to the card.
Preferably for BCF, Bunnings or iTunes.
Triple points if it’s for Ikea.
4. You made “vouchers” for the kids to give Dad.
You are entitled to one free cuddle.
5. You checked on your husband asleep in bed three times to make sure he hadn’t suffocated.
Seriously, how can someone sleep for that long?
6. You sent the children in to wake him up.
“Just give Daddy a slight nudge.”
7. You attempted to convince your husband to go for brunch.
Who wouldn’t want to spend part of their day battling crowds, waiting an hour for eggs and watching the kids fight across the table?
8. You gave up on the idea of brunch.
It was pretty hard to go out for brunch when the man of the hour was still snoring.
9. You tried to capture the perfect photo of Daddy and the kids.
But ended up with the “Storage Almost Full” warning on your phone instead.
10. You stopped the kids from fighting at least ten times.
At one stage you even pulled out the “No fighting” voucher from the Father’s Day present.
It didn’t work.
11.You politely asked your husband if he planned on taking his pyjamas off at all.
Clothing optional today, love.
12. You watched sport. Or watched your husband watch sport.
Extra points if you watched your husband fall asleep on the lounge while watching sport.
13. You ignored the empty toilet paper roll in the washroom.
And the wee all over the toilet seat.
(Cue that extra box of chocolate).
14. You poured a beer (for him).
Bonus points if it was in the “Number One Dad” glass the kids picked up at the school Father’s Day stall.
15. And a few wines (for you).
This wifing business was tough work.
16. You suggested going for a family walk, a family drive, a family trip to the beach or a family outing of some sort.
Anything to get him out of those pyjamas!
17. Instead, you settled for a trip to BCF.
Because you wanted to use the gift card.
18. You made a spectacular dinner.
We’re talking five courses, half of which no one in the family could even pronounce!
19. Followed by a round of sandwiches.
Just because it was Father’s Day didn’t mean the kids were actually going to try something that didn’t have Vegemite on it.
20. And, finally, you ended the day with your children exhausted and your husband wide awake.
Sleeping half the day will do it for you. But, don’t worry ladies – Father’s Day is almost over for another 365 days. And your turn is only eight short months away!
Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing dads out there! We hope you got to spend the day sleeping in, relaxing in front of the television and enjoying your wonderful family.
And, mums, we hope you have started your list of what you would like to do for Mother’s Day. Check out our 15 things all mums want for Mother’s Day for some excellent suggestions.