Your little one will be beyond chuffed come Easter morning, when they can proudly collect their chocolate stash in their very own rooster Easter egg basket. Plus – it is a super fun activity to make with them on a rainy day before the Easter Bunny arrives.
What you’ll need
- 1 x white paper cup
- 1 x 2.5cm x 18cm white paper strip
- 1 x heart shapes printable
- 2 x googly eyes
- 2 x 1.5cm circles, cut from pink paper
- 1 x 2.5cm x 4 cm triangle, cut from orange paper
- 1 x 3cm three petalled shape, cut from red paper (see image for detail)
- 2 x 2.5cm long tear shapes, cut from red paper
- Using the scissors, cut out two sets of hearts – two small, two medium, and two large hearts.
- Put a dot of glue on the point of the large heart and lie the medium heart over the glue. Press to secure. Put a dot of glue on the point of the medium heart and lie the small heart over the glue. Press to secure.
- Repeat with the second set of hearts.
- Using the stapler, secure the paper strip to the edge of the cup to create a handle.
- Dab some glue on the back side of the heart points and firmly secure these to the opposite side of the paper cup to create wings. You may have to hold these in place for a minute or two to ensure they stick fast.
- Glue the red paper cutout to the top of the handle to create the rooster’s cockscomb.
- Glue the two googly eyes under the staples that have secured the handle so they become eyebrows.
- Fold the orange triangle in half and glue along the long edge and secure to the cup to create a beak.
- Glue the two pink circles to the cup to create cheeks.
- Finally, glue the two tear shapes under the beak to create the rooster’s wattle.