When it comes to toddler crafts, paper plates are the craft material that keeps on giving. Who knew you could even make a Santa face out of a paper plate? Cut out all the pieces and let your toddler put Santa together.
What you need
- 1 x white paper plate
- 1 x piece red construction paper (hat and body)
- 1 x piece pink construction paper (face)
- 1 x small piece white card (3.5cm x 15cm)
- 2 x googly craft eyes
- 1 x red pom pom (nose)
- 1 x cotton ball (for the tip of his hat)
- glue stick
- Cut the top quarter off the paper plate. From that piece, use the corners to cut two pieces that will form Santa’s moustache.
2. Now you will need a red triangle (for Santa’s hat) and a large red trapezium shape that will sit under his head as his shoulders. You will also need a ¾ circle of pink paper for Santa’s face.
3. Put all the pieces on the table with the glue stick and see if your toddler can assemble Santa. If not, you’ve probably got a talented abstract artist on your hands.