I can’t stand either of my camera bags. Yes they’re the traditional kind; ugly, drab colours and most definitely not ergonomic. The Urban Quiver bag makes a whole lot of sense if you ask me!
The promo shots might be marketing the bag to men, but this is one photography gear bag which really appeals to me for the fact that the bulk sits on the back rather than the hip.
A word of advice though; wear it on your front in crowded areas or while travelling so thieving hands don’t have easy access to your precious camera gear. The specs of the Urban Quiver Bag are pretty impressive too:
- Inner dimensions: 53 cm long x 15 cm wide x 12.5 cm deep
- Two side accessory pockets & phone pocket on the chest strap
- Buckle on chest strap allows for rapid clip-on & removal of bag
- Three movable internal dividers allow any arrangement of lenses and cameras
- Internal compartment has 360 degree padding
- Optional tripod loops (coming soon) adjust to fit any size tripod on the outside of the bag
- Underside of the padded strap is lined with a soft, breathable material which feels great even on bare shoulders
- Shoulder sling creates an extremely streamlined fit against your body, preventing any unbalance (which even makes it great for cyclists)
- Main compartment opening peels entirely back for complete, unhindered access inside
- Carry-on approved for the majority of global airlines
It’s US$125 plus shipping from Black Stone Bags.
(via Bless This Stuff)