Want to give your child the perfect party with all the trimmings but don’t have the time to pull it together yourself? Here’s the perfect solution for busy mums and dads.
My daughter decided quite close to her birthday that she wanted a fairy party and I did not have time to find themed gifts for a pass-the-parcel, organise other games, decide on food and take home gifts. When I googled ‘fairy party’ I was overwhelmed by what to do, buy, bake, etcetera.
I stumbled across The Good Fairies and was mesmerised by their glorious high tea birthday party package, where the only thing additional thing needed is the birthday cake! The ‘Fairy Godmother’ and owner Kate Galeazzi does an amazing job with set up, decorations, food and everything involved, and let’s not forget about clean up. Once all the guests went home we were able to sit and open presents with my daughter while Kate tidied up the mess and let’s face it, that’s worth every cent!
The High Tea package is phenomenal and I was so impressed not only by the food provided but also the decorations, tableware, games, the fairy and – most important – the clean up once the party was over. I always worry about having a party at home and generally opt for a play centre or a park, but with the help of the Good Fairy, the experience was completely enjoyable. I don’t think I could have done it myself for any less money and certainly with a lot more sleepless nights.
Now to tell you a little more about the amazing High Tea package. The price includes the following:
– The most fabulous Fairy High Tea party food on three-tier trays with gingerbread hearts, gooey gluten-free choc heart brownies, and coconut ice chocolate crackles all homemade in the Good Fairy kitchen. There are also mini cupcakes, fairy bread hearts, strawberry and watermelon skewers, mini gourmet pies, chocolate royals. Drinks served are fairy lemon barley and fairy apple raspberry lemonade.
– Tables, clothes, toadstool seats for all the guests (yes that’s right toadstools!) and lovely melamine tableware in pink for girls and blue for boys. No paper plates at these parties! What I also love is the ‘Fairy Godmother’ cleans up when the party is over and takes all the dirty melamine and platters away with her. The added bonus of a kids table with seating is that there’s not a lot of mess around the house, with crumbs and spills in every room.
– The Good Fairies set up a chill out area where all the games and arts and craft are done. The comes with a blanket, lots of pillows and a special birthday chair for the birthday child.
– Arts and Craft – the children make and decorate a fairy wand and mask with no mess using only stickers, tape, straws etc. I have been to a few fairy parties where the fairy throws ‘fairy dust’ ie glitter all over the lounge room which I would image takes months to remove completely.
– Face painting and lots of other games including balloon animals for each guest, musical statues, limbo and more.
– A gift for each guest in pass-the-parcel – all perfectly wrapped (another time-saver for the parents).
– Lolly bags are organised with delicious goodies and presented in a basket to be left by the door for guests on their way out. The two hour program includes lolly bags in the price.
– A gift for the birthday child.
All that needs to be organised is a birthday cake and some adult catering! This can also be ordered through The Good Fairies at an extra cost.
I can’t think of any details that have been left out of this party package. All the presentation is amazing and you really do not need to do anything at all. There is a lot of food provided and we had a lot leftover after the party.
There is a minimum of fifteen children and the 1.5 hour program is $30 per head and the two hour program is $35 per head. The two hour package included invitations and lolly bags.
Visit The Good Fairies to enquire about your party or call 02 9389 7385 or 0412 664 877. Apart from the high tea package, they also organise fairies to come to your party and many other options for birthdays and christenings.
They are currently available to do parties in Sydney and Melbourne but will be launching Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin and Perth soon.
I added a few of my own touches to my daughter’s party with these chocolate m&m topped marshmallows and some mini bottles of pink milk. There was nothing else needed with the package and I will know that for next time, however I tend to be an over-organiser so still baked a few extra items.