We’re agog at the amazing nurseries we’re seeing from Babyologists. What a talented bunch of folk! We absolutely love that Babyology is a resource for people setting up spaces for their babies and children and now we’re all getting to see the fruits of our labour in action, in real homes across Australia and beyond. Click through to see another astounding room – Xavier is one lucky bub!
Mum Nicole describes the process and inspiration for little Xavier’s divine nursery:
Originally, we were inspired by a gender neutral colour scheme of yellow and grey. We didn’t really want to limit ourselves to a specific theme, so the decor is just made up of things we liked that we felt worked together well in the space. Our house is very modern with clean lines, so we wanted to carry this through to the nursery but still keep it fun and playful.
Once we found out we were having a boy, we decided to add some blues to the space as well. Overall, the nursery has a very soft, soothing feel with some fun pops of colour. We worked on the room over a span of about four months, adding bits and pieces as we found them and gradually built it up to a fun and relaxing space for our son, Xavier.
As part of our Show us your nursery features, we’re aiming to take the mystery out of sourcing the desirable objects you see and where at all possible, letting you know where to buy. So here’s the product listings for this delectable room:
- Bruin Portifino cot from Babies R Us
- DIY cot skirting with fabric from Spotlight
- Custom made dresser by Wiltone Woodworkers Mackay, QLD (inspiration dresser from Room & Board)
- Monte Luca Glider from Mantha & You
- Grey Area Rug: Bunnings Warehouse
- Faux “Polar Bear” Rug from Ecofo
- Birch Tree Wall Decals from Etsy’s Bubba and Doodle
- Floor Lamp from Target Australia
- Artwork above chair from Etsy’s Twoems
- Animal Poster: Etsy shop Ink + Wit
- Globe: Typo
- Wooden Letter “X”: Typo
- Yellow Garland: Gift from Nicole’s sister
- Grey Floating Shelf: Bunnings Warehouse (custom made clothing rod beneath the shelf with parts from Bunnings)
- Paper Lanterns Mobile: Typo
- Change Pad: Babies R Us Australia
- Whale Tissue Box Holder: Etsy shop Sparkly Pony
- Window Cornice: DIY with fabric and fill from Spotlight
- Big Teddy: Husband’s old toy
- Little Teddy – gift
- Frog Nightlight – gift
- Fox + Bert Plushie (in cot): Etsy’s Sara Carr
- Stripy Monster Plushie (in cot): Etsy shop Bird is the Word Design
Aw look at the sweet little fella! Well done to Nicole – we can see this nursery becoming a neat little haven for when baby Xavier grows into a toddler and child too!
(images via Candice Van Moolenbroek and Nicole Hatfield)