Here’s a nursery close to our hearts at Babyology – it’s the space our writer Suzi created for her gorgeous third little man Jarvis.
We were all pretty excited here at Babyology HQ when Jarvis made his appearance, and I couldn’t wait to see what Suzi would do with his room – I knew she’d been planning and thinking for months. She told us herself exactly how it came about:
When baby number three arrived, recovering from a c-section, wrangling two other kids and their commitments and no vacant bedroom to decorate, I must admit I felt a bit overwhelmed at the thought of setting up a nursery. I had done some design boards while pregnant but had gotten no further with it.
One day I saw a competition online at Nest Design Studio, run by the lovely Belinda and was most surprised when I won first prize of a room design! I felt like I had the helping hand I really needed at a crucial time. I had already ordered Jarvis’ cot, which was to underpin the whole room and Belinda was ecstatic to use it in the design.
After completing some paperwork and waiting a few weeks for the design to be done, Belinda sent it through and she honestly could not have been more spot on with her assessment of my personal style. Now with a floor plan and list of items, I then set about buying those magic touches which I think really make the room what it is.
We absolutely love Jarvis’ room!
So, what was on that all-important list of items? Here it is, organised into furniture, soft furnishings and decor.
- Lightning pillow by Ferm Living via Shak Shuka
- Black cat pillow cover by Leah Reena Goren at Society6
- Triangle basket from Ferm Living
- Casper yellow lamp from Domayne
- Triangle wall decals from Urban Walls
- Mr Moustache mobile by Jall und Tofta
- I love you to the Moon and back’ printable by James and Audrey Jo
- Cloud hanger, knitted toys and OMM Design word banner from My Messy Room
- Black felt ball garland from Felt Foxes
We love the space Suzi has put together, and it’s clear that Jarvis does too! What a cutie he is!