UK baby retail store Mothercare has taken on Australia, opening nine stores over the past eight months. With a strong new brand come new products to choose from and Mothercare’s high-end pram has caught our eye with its striking looks and quirky design.
There are two features which distinguish this system from the rest of the pram pack; the seat rotates on an axis provided by the chassis, and it also pops open to reveal an inbuilt bassinette! Not only can you change the orientation of your baby without removing her from the pram, you don’t have to spend extra on an accessory you’ll only use for five or six months. Even a hard-to-impress writer like me is surprised by such innovative features.
So now down to the nitty gritty features giving you bang for your buck:
- One hand spin mechanism to move baby from rear to forward-facing… and back again!
- Suitable from birth
- Easily converts to pram mode giving a lie flat position for your baby
- Unique one hand fold mechanism for ease of use
- Four position adjustable handle height for perfect comfort when pushing
- Removable bumper bar makes getting baby in and out of the seat much easier
- Includes cosytoe, pram liner, pram apron and chest pads
- Add an infant car seat (sold separately) to create a truly versatile travel system
- Handle height: 99-155 cm
- Pram: H 97 x W 58 x L 90 cm
- Folded: 73 x 58 x 46 cm
- Weight: 13kg
I love the compact fold for small cars and abodes, and the one-hand spin is certainly attractive, especially if you have other children to wrangle whilst out and about. Another brilliant thought Mothercare had was to install brakes which can be released easily even if you are wearing sparse summery footwear!
The Mothercare Spin is $895 plus $25 shipping. Alternatively, drop into one of their nine stores to take a test drive!
The Spin will feature in our Chooser soon. You can also compare other awesome prams according to your needs and wants.