Teacher, baby monitor, dog tracker, fitness tracker, health checker and even remote control – the iPhone can do just about anything a parent would ever need, at least according to Apple.
Apple’s latest iPhone 5S ad is pitched at parents (it’s even called “Parenthood”), and shows how the device can be used with various apps to make family life easier. It shows a series of parents using their phones to interact with or engage their children.
You know you can take pictures with the phone’s camera and help your child with homework via FaceTime, but bet you didn’t know about all these other nifty uses:
- Children can get step-by-step instructions on how to brush their teeth through the fun MyTeeth app.
- Download WithingsWithBaby, an app that turns the phone into a baby monitor.
- Then use Flashlight to see where you’re going during those night feeds.
- If you have a family pet that is a serial escapee, you can monitor it with Pet Manager Pro.
- Or if you’re spending time with your pooch outside, you might enjoy the kid-friendly Parrot Flower Power gardening app.
- My personal favourite from the ad is Drawnimal, which turns colouring into an interactive experience.
- The WeMo remote control – for everything from TVs to heaters to lights – is a must-have app for the couch potatoes among us.
- If you’re more of a fitness freak like the mum portrayed in the ad pushing twins up a hill, the Nike+ Running app may be your thing.
The ad also features the Kinsa app, which works with a thermometer hooked up to the iPhone to check a child’s temperature. The app isn’t available in Australia for the time being.
With a slogan of “You’re more powerful than you think“, the ad is cheery and fun and certainly relatable. Check it out below and let us know what you think.