It’s one year on in Bugaboo(RED)’s campaign to help the fight against AIDS in Africa. There’s cause for celebration about the inroads achieved and the thousands of lives which have been positively affected by Bugaboo’s efforts. Just one year ago we covered the launch of the campaign which saw Bugaboo give one per cent of total revenue to the Bugaboo(RED) cause.
Here is a summary of the massive achievements of the fund:
Since the start of the partnership in October 2009, the Bugaboo(RED) contribution is enough to provide medication to almost 37,000 pregnant women to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV from mother to child. Moreover, Bugaboo is the first of the (RED) partners to contribute 1 per cent of their total revenue- across all products- to the Global Fund to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. This means more women and children living with HIV in Africa will get the medicine they need to lead healthy lives.
some facts on Bugaboo(RED) partnership
- Bugaboo partnered with (RED) in October 2009 to contribute one per cent of their total revenue across all products to the Global Fund to help fund HIV/AIDS programs in Africa.
- Traditionally, iconic (RED) partners have pledged money from the sale of specific (RED) branded products, however, Bugaboo is contributing one per cent of total revenues across its entire range and is the first partner to do so.
- 3800 people die each day from AIDS in Africa.
- (RED) is a simple way to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Buy any (RED) branded item and a portion of the profits will go straight to the Global Fund
- 100 per cent of the money generated through the BUGABOO(RED) partnership reaches those in Africa affected by HIV/AIDS
- To date, (RED) money has supported programs that have helped more than 84,000 HIV positive pregnant women receive preventative antiretroviral treatment to reduce the risk of mother-to-child transmission.
- Global Fund (RED) grants have reached over five million people living with HIV in Ghana, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland and Zambia.
- (RED) partners include Apple, Bugaboo, Converse, Dell, Emporio Armani, Gap, Hallmark, Nike, Penguin Classics and Starbucks.
Congratulations to Bugaboo for this incredible achievement – helping save the lives of unborn babies and improve the lives of their mothers and families is surely one of the most worthy causes on earth and the Babyology team is in awe. Watch this video about the developments of the campaign: