In hindsight, some of the hairstyles from the 80s do seem a little ridiculous now. And although the high, high, high side pony (pictured below) might not be a popular style now, that doesn’t your mini-me couldn’t pull off one off.
Maybe your kid already is?
Whether it’s some inspiration you’re after or a trip down memory lane, here are eight glorious hairstyles straight out of the ’80s. Enjoy!
1. The business mullet
2. The high, high, highhhhh side pony
Scrunchies have made a comeback, after all …
3. The bird’s nest (a.k.a. the Bon Jovi)
Ahhhh, hair bands. You were a good time.
4. The electric ‘I just put a knife in the toaster’ look
5. The ‘I just put a knife in the toaster’ look – Punk/Goth Edition
Robert Smith from The Cure sure has some explaining to do!
6. The ‘who needs a forehead anyway’ headband
A strong look for SJP here. A true fashion icon since way back.
7. The ‘I wish I was in The Bangles’ haircut
Just another Manic Monday … and even more manic hair!
8. The ‘Flock of Seagulls’
Mike Score perpetually looked like he was trying to get lift off!