Feeling guilty about putting on a movie for the kids while you cook dinner? After reading these invaulable insights, all of which are collected from our favourite kids’ movies, you won’t. In fact, you’ll be reaching for the remote (and a piece of paper to write these words of wisdom down).
I think it’s safe to say I’m a massive fan of children’s movies. Probably more so than my kids.
And here is one of the many reasons why – the advice that comes out of these movies are absolutely brilliant. So indulge in family movie night – you might be pleasantly surprised at what life lessons are being instilled in your children’s heads.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney catchcries to live by.
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie-the-Pooh“
- “Some people are worth melting for.” – Frozen
- “Our fate lies within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Brave
- “Always let your conscious be your guide.” – Pinnochio
- “All it takes is faith and trust.” – Peter Pan
- “Put your faith in what you most believe in.” – Tarzan
- “If you focus on what you’ve left behind, you’ll never be able to see what lies ahead.” – Ratatouille
- “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clearer.” – Kung Fu Panda
- “Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – The Lion King
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” – Mulan
- “Forever is a long time. And time has a way of changing things.” – The Fox and the Hound
- “When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming.” – Finding Nemo
- “The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.” – Dumbo
- “You’re never too old to be young.” – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- “Family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.” – Lilo and Stitch
- “Never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” – The Incredibles
- “Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.”- Tangled
- “Even miracles take a little time.” – Cinderella
- “To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” – Mickey Mouse
- “Today is a good day to try.” – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” – Winnie-the-Pooh
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – Horton Hears a Who
- “Fairy tales can come true – you gotta make them happen. It all depends on you.” – The Princess and the Frog
- “Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.”- The Incredibles
- “Just because I cannot see it doesn’t mean I can’t believe it.”- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- “There’s no one I’d rather be than me.” – Wreck-it-Ralph
- “In every job that must be done there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins
- “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”- Alice in Wonderland
- “Sometimes we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems.” – SpongeBob SquarePants
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart.” – Hercules
- “Let it go.” – Frozen
If you’re a movie buff, then you’ll love these classic movies to watch with the kids as well as our post on the movies from our childhood that would probably scare our own kids.