With summer on our doorstep we thought it was the perfect time to revise those food safety basics.
These tips will keep your family safe and sound as the temperature soars … And they might even prompt you to clean out your fridge!
2. Refrigerate food correctly
- Keep your fridge clean and make sure you store raw foods and cooked foods separately.
- Keep eggs in the fridge.
- Refrigerate warm leftover food as soon as it has stopped steaming.
- Don’t re-freeze food that has already been frozen.
Note that different baby foods have different fridge shelf lives:
- Open baby food containing meat can be stored for one day.
- Open fruit-based baby foods can be stored for up to three days.