Children pick up so many illnesses meaning taking their temperature is a frequent requirement for parents. Even if you have a decent thermometer it’s not an easy task when they have a fever, are upset, squirming, and it’s the middle of the night. The good news is that Nurofen has just released a smart new monitor, making it much easier to look after your sick little one.
The trouble with fevers
According to research from Nurofen for Children, 83% of Australian parents find checking a child’s temperature when they have a fever stressful; and 79% admit they actually minimise how regularly they check their child’s temperature because they don’t want to disrupt their sleep.
On top of infrequent checks, it’s also quite likely that many parents are unintentionally measuring their child’s fever inaccurately due to using their thermometer incorrectly, it being broken or needing batteries, or not being able to find it in the first place.
An innovative solution
The FeverSmart Temperature Monitor by Nurofen for Children is a new wearable baby thermometer for ages 0-3 that allows you to continuously and accurately monitor your child’s fever, without disturbing their rest or creating any stress. A discreet and non-invasive device that attaches to your child’s underarm via a gentle adhesive strip, it simply transmits their temperature to a free app on your phone that you can check manually or set up to automatically notify you when they have a fever (i.e. temperature is out of normal range). How good is that?!
When fully charged, the thermometer can last for up to 20 days and it also comes with a battery operated charging base station which is great for the home and travelling.
Fever gets digital
The free Digital Temperature Monitoring app has a stack of great features such as:
- Continuous monitoring and push notifications – no more unnecessary checks or fevers going unnoticed in the night
- Medication tracking – helps you keep track of dosage to ensure correct treatment
- Symptom tracking – you can record your child’s coughs, headaches or other symptoms which is helpful for when speaking to doctors
- Cloud storage – a week’s worth of data is automatically stored with the option to use Cloud longer storage
- Individual profile creation – you can create different profiles for each of your children
- Low energy Bluetooth technology – safe for use around little ones
- Multiple platform capability – compatible with Apple (iOS) and Android devices
Never miss a fever again
The new Nurofen for Children FeverSmart Temperature Monitor is designed to give parents back control when it comes to caring for their little ones; and because it’s so easy to use, helpful and accurate, it’s completely hassle-free as well.
Available in stores from mid November, the full FeverSmart Temperature Monitor device kit (including thermometer, four patches, charging station and batteries) retails at $139.99. Additional four pack adhesive patches can be purchased for RRP $9.99.
Do you find checking your child’s temperature stressful?