This vegetable and noodle slice – in all its quiche-like nature – is packed with flavour, perfect for lunch! It’s a delicious alternative to bread-based lunches that’s sure to have everyone coming back for a second slice.
Containing all the things kids love, this slice is the perfect carrier for all your own personal favourite ingredients. Try adding strips of sun-dried tomato or asparagus for even more tickling of the tastebuds.
¼ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup milk
¾ cup Tasty cheese, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 green spring onions, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large zucchini, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 cup frozen peas and corn
220g thin egg noodles
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 20cm round oven-proof dish.
- Whisk eggs, oyster sauce, milk and cheese together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot, peas and corn. Cook, stirring, for five minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Add the noodles and toss through.
- Transfer the noodle mix into the prepared oven-proof dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until set in the centre.
- Stand in the dish for a couple of minutes before transferring to a plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.