Here’s a super adorable take on traditional chocolate dipped strawberries for your Valentine – give them pretty chocolate strawberry pops instead!
It’s a bit of a delicate task, dipping strawberries on a stick – the secret lies in the first layer of chocolate, it must cover the fruit completely and leave no holes or gaps at the stick. A nice seal of chocolate is what we want to keep everything in place. You can lie your pops flat on a tray lined with baking paper, or stand them up by pushing the sticks into polystyrene foam.
250g dark or milk chocolate
250g white chocolate
red or pink food colouring gel
- Pinch the leaves and stems off the strawberries and insert a lollipop into each one.
- Break the dark chocolate up and place it into a microwave proof bowl. Melt the chocolate by heating it up in 20 second increments, stirring between each burst until completely melted.
- Carefully dip each strawberry into the chocolate. Allow excess to drip off before moving on to the next one. Place in the fridge to set.
- Break the white chocolate up and place it into a microwave proof bowl. Melt the chocolate by heating it up in 20 second increments, stirring between each burst until completely melted. Add a drop or two of food colouring gel to the chocolate to colour it pink.
- Quickly dip the choc covered strawberry into the coloured choc, allow excess to drip off and roll it in sprinkles. Repeat for all strawberries.
- Once all strawberries are twice dipped and sprinkle covered, return to the fridge to set completely. Yum!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.