For an easy summer meal, you really can’t go past these pea and feta fritters!
These fritters are perfect served alongside a summer salad and they also make a great snack for the kids too. This recipe will take you around 30 minutes from start to finish and you can also double it and then store some of the yummy fritters in the freezer to enjoy at another time.
Prep time: 10 minute
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Pea and feta fritters ingredients
- ½ cup parmesan cheese – finely grated
- 100g feta cheese – cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups peas
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Step 1. Place the onion flakes, parmesan cheese, crushed garlic, self-raising flour and salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Step 2. Add the eggs, water, feta cheese and peas and stir to combine.
- Step 3. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and use a dessert spoon to scoop up the batter and place the fritter mixture into your pan. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture into a circle between 1/2cm – 1cm thick. You should be able to fit approximately four fritters (or even more depending on the size of your pan) into your frying pan.
- Step 4. Cook the fritters for 3 minutes on each side or until they are crisp and golden brown before transferring to a plate and covering them with foil so they stay warm while you cook the next batch. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.