Nutella fans, listen up! Dare to surprise your kids after school or breakfast guests with melty, chocolatey, nutty filled pancakes? Here’s how!
A super easy Nutella filled pancake recipe, the freezer is the key to your success here folks!
And don’t forget that the 5th of February is World Nutella Day – as if you needed an excuse to eat Nutella!
- Prep time : 30 mins
- Cooking time : 5 mins
Nutella pancakes ingredients
- 7–10 tbs of Nutella (400g jar)
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Strawberries and icing sugar to serve (optional)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Trace seven 6cm circles on the paper. Using a heaped tablespoon, drop Nutella onto each circle and spread out to make a disc. Freeze the discs on the tray for a minimum of half an hour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium sized bowl. Combine the milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture. Whisk until the mix is smooth and lump free. Add the vanilla paste and whisk that in too!
- Check that your Nutella has turned into frozen discs – avoid handling them much, or you’ll have a melted mess.
- Heat a small skillet pan to a medium heat, spray with cooking spray and spoon a few tablespoons of pancake mix onto the surface. Quickly add a frozen Nutella disc and cover with another spoon or two of pancake mixture.
- Wait a minute for the pancake to brown on one side then flip over to cook the other side for a further minute. Keep warm while you cook the rest of the mixture.
- Give pancakes a dusting of icing sugar and a smattering of berries if you’re feeling fancy, then serve!