The perfect weeknight quick sticks dinner, this is one dish that’s quick to prepare, quick to eat and packed with sweet and salty flavour. I give you honey soy chicken and noodles!
In my experience, kids rarely resist noodles, and the lovely thick fresh hokkien variety are soft enough for little teeth and fingers to squish and slurp with ease. Pack this dish with your little one’s favourite vegetables and you have a meal the whole family will enjoy.
500g chicken breast, trimmed of excess fat and sliced into strips
¼ cup light soy sauce (tamari)
3 tbs honey
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 carrots, julienne sliced
½ red capsicum, finely sliced
½ yellow capsicum, finely sliced
handful of fresh snow peas, trimmed and finely sliced
400g fresh hokkien noodles
oil for cooking
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey and crushed garlic. Add the chicken, stir through and leave to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook the hokkien noodles as directed on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a wok over high heat. Drain the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon (keeping the marinade for later) and stir fry the chicken until just cooked. Remove from the wok, cover with foil and set aside.
- To the hot wok, add the vegetables and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add back the chicken, noodles and stir to combine. Add the remaining marinade and heat over high heat for a minute until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Divide between four plates and you’re done. I told you, a quick sticks dinner!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.