Family meals don’t get much more simple than this easy lamb and spinach pasta! You can have this meal ready and on the plate within 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
This recipe keeps well, and you can store any leftovers to enjoy the next day – that is, if you have any!
If you are making this for older kids, you can also add some toasted pine nuts just before serving. And of course you can also add extra parmesan cheese.
Easy lamb and spinach pasta
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
200g dry fettuccine pasta – or your favourite pasta
500g lamb leg steaks – cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
120g baby spinach leaves
30g grated parmesan cheese – plus extra to serve
1 lemon – juiced
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- In the meantime, grate the brown onion and crush the garlic cloves. Add them to a large frying pan (one with a lid) and cook over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the lamb pieces and cook until brown.
- Add the cooked pasta (there is no need to drain it, simply use tongs to carefully transfer it from the pot to your frying pan), baby spinach leaves, grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and the lemon juice to the frying pan. Use your tongs to gently combine all of the ingredients.
- Place the lid onto the frying pan and reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes – or until the spinach leaves wilt and then serve.