These yummy baked chicken meatballs are one of my kids favourite meals, mostly because they like to help me make them (and they can also eat them with their hands!)
I like to serve these with some roasted veggies, pasta or on their own with some tomato relish to dip them into. This is a great easy recipe for those nights when you need food on the table fast – and it can also be made in advance and frozen until needed.
Baked chicken meatballs
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 18 mins
Total Time: 38 mins
500g chicken mince
⅓ cup of breadcrumbs
½ cup grated zucchini
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic – crushed
½ tbsp onion flakes
1 tbsp tomato relish
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and lightly grease a non stick baking tray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the chicken mixture and shape into balls. If you find the mixture is still a little “wet” you can add some more breadcrumbs to help it stick together and shape into balls more easily.
- Place the chicken balls onto your prepared baking tray and cook for 16 – 18 minutes or until they begin to turn golden and are cooked through when tested
More great family-friendly dinner recipes:
- Yumi Stynes’ very good, very easy fried rice
- Quick and tasty tuna patties
- Midweek Mexican! Beef enchiladas