These apple, cinnamon and oat pikelets are a big hit in our house with all of my kids anytime of the day, but they especially make a great lunchbox or after school snack.
If you are making these for younger children (they are great for baby led weaning) I’d suggest leaving out the maple syrup.
Apple, cinnamon and oat pikelets
Makes: 30 – approximately
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
2 apples – grated
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup of milk
1 tbsp maple syrup – optional
40g of butter – for greasing the frying pan
- Grate the apples into a large bowl. You can leave the skin on if you like – or you can peel the apples first.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little of the butter to the pan. Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and place into the pan.
- Cook the pikelets for 2 minutes before flipping to cook for a further minute.
- Carefully transfer the cooked pikelets to a plate and cover with foil while you repeat the above step until all of the pikelet mixture has been used.