Is there anything more annoying than making a delicious batch of guacamole, only to have it shift from brilliant, yummy green to a washed-out mush that can only be described as Brown Town?
It’s not easy being green
Well, a new and very clever container is here to save the day, promising to make being green SUPER easy! It’s called the Casabella Guac-Lock and it’s here to save your guacamole.
Why is this device better than your average plastic container? Well, its built with a natty functionality that removes all the oxygen from the Guac Lock’s storage chamber. It’s that pesky oxygen that causes avocado to discolour, and this purpose-built device gently squeezes it out to keep your guac bright and green.
The Casabella Guac-Lock retails for under $25 and you can snap one up on Amazon where it’s sporting heaps of sparkling reviews with people noting that it kept their guacamole fresh for DAYS!
“Truth be told, it works even better than I expected it to,” one reviewer posted. “I made a batch of guac a week ago. Two or three times during the week, I unlocked it, dipped a chip or two and then re-locked it. After a week, the guacamole is as fresh as if I made it this morning.”
Okay that might be a little too long to keep your guacamole, but you get the picture. And speaking of pictures, here’s how the Guac-Lock works …
1. Pop the guacamole in and smooth it out.
2. Seal the container shut. Place container on ‘elevator’ attachment and push down gently. Squeeze out all the air until the guacamole appears at the top of the hole.
3. Get ready for delicious GREEN guacamole!
Blanch those suckers?!
If you can’t be bothered to buy another container to clutter up your cupboards foodie website The Spruce suggests that another way to prevent “avocados from going brown is to blanch the fruit whole before cutting it. Once the fruit is cut, its flesh can be exposed to air for several hours without significant browning.”
Apparently blanching the whole fruit kills the enzyme that causes the flesh to brown when exposed to air. So you could give that a whirl too if you’re planning lots of guac-y days and are worried about that glum and unwelcome brown muddying your pretty green dip.
More great products to help your kids eat up:
- Kids will love these brilliant stacked ‘tiffin’ style lunch boxes
- CoolPod lunch boxes, bottles and pouches keep food smartly and safely chilled
- There’s a Lego lunch box now – and your child definitely needs one!
- Cute (and very helpful) kids’ products have just popped up in Woolies
- The new Cath Kidston kids’ tableware will have your little ones eating up!
- Helpful contraption easily cuts grapes and cherry tomatoes into quarters