Australia’s premier parenting media company is hiring a Junior Sales Manager to join our Sydney team.
- Are you passionate about sales and love the pace of online and social media?
- Would you like to build on your experience in online media sales and want to contribute to the exciting, and rapidly growing Babyology platform?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic and talented team of individuals, creating amazing content, video, events and so much more.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for sales and online media.
- Direct revenue generation and business development (through emails, networking, servicing existing relationships, and fostering boutique client relationships ) to win advertising revenue from clients;
- Following up warm leads to win advertising bookings from clients;
- Networking and relationship building with direct clients, with the purpose of creating revenue opportunities and receiving briefs;
- Account Management and frequent contact with clients in order to: remain top of mind, remain aware of industry movements, discover revenue opportunities, receive briefs and win business;
- When required, working with the National Sales Manager to develop custom sales materials, proposals and presentations in order to effectively position Babyology and present the specific advertising solution relevant to the particular opportunity;
- Strategic planning of long term opportunities, through the development of advertising solutions around seasonality;
- Make recommendations for new product development to increase revenue opportunities;
- Maintain an awareness of market movements and make recommendations for the business;
The role is 4 or 5 days per week and reports to the National Sales Manager, with a view to moving up within the team. Partly work from home and partly in the office (inner-city) a short walk from public transport.
Desired Skills and Experience
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- A proven sales record with strong sales experience, working towards allocated budgets;
- A solid background in sales including online sales experience (preferred);
- Excellent communication and people management skills including establishing credibility and building effective internal and external working relationships;
- To understand social media platforms back to front and know how to engage with a diverse and passionate audience;
- To be highly organised with attention to detail, resilience and determination to achieve the desired results;
- To drive results through commercial outcomes and success;
- To work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines on a regular basis;
- A highly passionate and collaborative attitude.
About this company – Babyology
Babyology is Australia’s premier parenting media company. We have been an online publisher for 9 years and have the largest social media following of women in Australia.
At the heart of all the content we produce, our aim is to project and reflect the diverse range of subjects parents are talking about at any given moment.
We create content that makes women laugh, cry, react and reflect. We tell personal stories and offer diverse opinions.