Anyone who loves a glorious, fudgey, chocolate chip laden chocolate muffin is going to want to stop by and visit this recipe. Reminiscent of a store bought treat, these chocolate chip muffins will soon be your go-to recipe for sweet treats.
Once made famous by domestic goddess Nigella Lawson, it’s been tweaked around the internet traps before resulting in pure delicious delight. Go on, give it a go!
1 cup milk
90g vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla paste
1½ cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 heaped tbs of quality cocoa
180g castor sugar
200g chocolate chips (150g in the mix, 50g sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 12 cup capacity muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, vegetable oil, the egg and the vanilla paste. Stir until smooth and combined completely.
- To the mix, sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and sugar. Add the chocolate chips.
- Mix all ingredients together. Don’t over mix, lumpy is perfect!
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tray and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until muffins are just springy to touch.
- Cool in the tray for five minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Or be reckless and eat them warm!
This recipe yields 12 large muffins. Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.