Chewy rolled oats and pops of sweet, slightly tart flavour bursting from blueberries – that’s what’s showcased in today’s muffin recipe!
The weather is warming up and so too is the berry season. Though eating them fresh is best, everyone can use a scrummy recipe in their berry glut arsenal. Plump blueberries wrapped in cake, what more could you ask for?!
2½ cups self-raising flour, sifted
2/3 cup caster sugar, plus extra tsp for sprinkling
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup vegetable oil
½ cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla paste
½ cup rolled oats, plus extra for sprinkling
1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a muffin tin, lining it with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, yoghurt, eggs, oil and vanilla to the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold through the oats and blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of extra sugar and rolled oats on each one and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer in the centre.
- Let cool on a wire rack, or do as I do and eat one warm. Delicious!
This recipe will make 12 large muffins.
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.