Combining two of my tasty favourites – chocolate and peanut butter, these rather moreish bars of chocolatey goodness make for a superb sweet treat. No bake, no fuss – this is a simple melt, mix and set recipe – too easy!
A straight forward recipe for anyone to follow, the biggest decision will be in your puffed rice choice. For a softer, chewier texture choose plain puffed rice. For a slightly crispier bite, head to the cereal aisle and grab a box of Rice Bubbles. I know, tough decision, right?
4 cups puffed rice (or Kellogg’s Rice Bubbles cereal)
220g milk chocolate melts
1 cup of peanut butter
½ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper. Place the puffed rice in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the milk chocolate melts, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Using a microwave or stove top double boiler, melt all these ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Mix together the chocolate mixture and the puffed rice until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press firm. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from tin and slice into bars. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Delicious!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.