Celebrate Halloween with the sweetest of biscuit treats. Let the kids have a crack in the kitchen creating and chomping into ghostly mummy Oreos, what’s there to be scared of?
But first, a word of encouragement. Though this recipe has only a few steps, you may doubt your efforts along the way so I want to reassure you these ghostly delights absolutely will come together in the end! Three ingredients and a little patience is all you need to create these cute beady eyed biscuits.
- Preparation is key – set yourself up a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper to put your chocolate covered Oreos on and have your candy eye balls close by. If you are making the eyeballs yourself, cut 10 pea-sized pieces of rolled white icing. Gently roll each piece into a ball – the warmth of your skin will soften the icing so work quickly here.
- Break up the chocolate and place it in a glass heat proof bowl. Melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts in the microwave on the high setting, stirring between each burst. Alternatively, melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stove top. Keep an eye on it and stir, stir, stir or it will seize!
- Using a skewer, fork or spoon, carefully dip one Oreo biscuit at a time, turning it side to side. Transfer to the tray and place a pair of eyes onto it straight away so they stick.
- If making the eyeballs yourself, dab a dot of the melted white chocolate onto the icing ball and secure to the Oreo biscuit. Using the black writing icing pen, add a dot of black to each ball to create the eyeball’s pupil.
- Repeat for all Oreos. Let them set.
- Using a small snap lock bag, fill it with the leftover, semi-cooled, melted chocolate and snip the corner of the bag off (just a little). Squeeze ribbons of chocolate over the top of the Oreos, being careful to not go over the eyes completely.
- Let the biscuits set and carefully peel off the baking paper and you’re done. So cute, I mean scary. Boo!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.