I’ve long waxed lyrical over my love for all things lemon and this soufflé, melt in your mouth lemon delicious pudding is one of my all time greatest loves – and it’s easy peasy lemon squeezy to make!
When life gives you lemons, dessert is the answer. Perfectly light and ever-so-soft, lemon delicious pudding will be a hit with the whole family.
1 large lemon – zested and juiced
50g butter, room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
¼ cup self raising flour
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla paste
1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a one litre capacity ovenproof dish and set aside. Carefully separate the eggs.
- Using electric beaters, beat together the butter, sugar and lemon rind until combined.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating between each one. Add the vanilla.
- Beat in the lemon juice.
- Beat in the flour and at a slow stirring speed, slowly add the milk. The mixture will likely begin to appear curdled, don’t panic, continue on!
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the greased ovenproof dish.
- Create a water bath by putting the ovenproof dish into a lasagne dish or roasting dish. Fill the bigger dish with water half way up the side of the pudding dish.
- Bake the pudding for 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and dust with icing sugar before serving. Yum!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.