Want a biscuit that looks super fancy and tastes sensational with its chocolate fudge brownie-like middle? This recipe for chocolate crinkle biscuits is the one.
I reserve my sweet tooth for good biscuits. Cake I can leave, but a really good biscuit – that I’ll snap up in no time. While these biscuits look tricky, I assure you they’re not. You do need to let the mixture sit for a while (preferably overnight) before baking – but it’s absolutely hand-on-my-heart worth it.
This recipe makes a few dozen biscuits but I recommend doubling the batch, for these won’t last long before being gobbled up.
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
¼ vegetable oil
1½ tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup icing sugar
- In a medium size bowl, mix together white sugar, vegetable oil and cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between additions. Add the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the wet mixture and stir until just combined into a dough mix. Cover and leave in the fridge for four hours or overnight.
- Once rested and cooled, preheat the oven to 170°C. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the icing sugar and place on a lined oven tray. Leave them as balls, don’t press them flat!
- Bake for 10 minutes, leave on the tray to cool for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.