From the 101 ways with sausages file, I present to you crumbed sausages – a slightly fancier way to serve your kids’ favourite meal.
I know there’s many out there – kids who just love a good sausage – so much so they’d eat them every night. A budget friendly meal, the crunchy exterior is sure to be a new sausage favourite. I have shallow fried these, but there’s no reason they couldn’t be oven baked or even cooked in an airfryer if you have one – though I haven’t tested those methods.
8 good quality beef sausages (or meat of your choice)
3 tbs plain flour
3 pieces of fresh bread whizzed into breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
oil for shallow frying
- Using three separate bowls, set up a crumbing station. One bowl for flour, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, a second bowl for the eggs, beaten lightly and a third bowl for the breadcrumbs.
- Pierce each of the sausages several times with a sharp knife.
- Roll the sausage in flour, followed by egg and finally roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to a plate and repeat the process for all sausages.
- Heat a glug of oil in a frying pan and over a medium heat, fry the sausages, carefully turning until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and let sit on a pad of kitchen paper towel for a minute or two to mop up excess oil. Serve with salad or vegetables and don’t forget the staple condiment, tomato sauce!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.