My sister-in-law is the queen of edible gifts. One of my all time favourite gifts from her kitchen is her triple choc biscuits. A gift standard biscuit if ever there was one, these biscuits are superb in their chocolate flavour and fudge like centres. A quality home made gift!
There’s two tricks involved in making awesome biscuits as gifts – don’t be thrifty with ingredients. Use quality chocolate chips and cocoa for the best results. Secondly, don’t skimp on the size of your biscuits – always err on the side of generous.
125g butter, room temperature
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla paste
1 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
3 tbs cocoa
¼ cup milk
150g combination of milk and white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and both sugars. Mix well until well combined and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the bowl and mix together.
- Add both flours, cocoa and milk to the bowl. Mix together well.
- Stir the chocolate chips through the mixture.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture (or roll balls) on to the prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly with a lightly floured fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, allow biscuits to cool on the tray completely before eating. Or eat them warm.. at least one!
Make sure to browse our recipe archives for more great meal ideas and treats to try.