While we’re all sold the dream that babies are utter perfection (of course they are!), it’s pretty common for them to have dry cheeks, nappy rash or flaky skin. We put a callout to mums who are having issues with nappy rash, and were swamped with cries for help! So we sent them some of our favourite skincare products – and here’s what worked.
When it comes to keeping a baby’s skin as beautifully soft and smooth as the day they were born, it’s all about gentle, calming and soothing ingredients that help battle the rigours of nappies and things like air-conditioning and heating. So we called on the skin experts at DermaVeen to curate care packs for a host of Babyology families, to test out on their bub’s skin.
What our road-testers received
- DermaVeen Extra Gentle Baby Soap-Free Wash – to help relieve dry, itchy, irritated and scaly skin, with the soothing and cleansing properties of natural oatmeal.
- DermaVeen Extra Gentle Baby Moisturising Cream – to soothe and protect baby’s delicate skin, and lock in moisture.
- DermaVeen Extra Gentle Baby Nappy Rash Cream – developed to help heal and protect baby’s delicate skin.
Our families were asked to use the three products as part of a gentle and nourishing skincare routine for their babies, and the feedback was impressive.
More than 90 per cent of the mums reported back that their baby’s skin was softer and smoother after using the three products, and 97 per cent found that the natural oatmeal formula protected their child’s skin.
And here’s the kicker – of the mums whose babies had nappy rash prior to the trial, all noticed improvement after using the DermaVeen Extra Gentle Baby Nappy Rash Cream.
What our mum testers said about the DermaVeen baby range
Overwhelmingly, our product testers loved all three DermaVeen products, singing their praises for reducing nappy rash, eczema-related skin irritation and even teething rash. Here’s just a taste of their thoughts:
- “I can trust the brand on sensitive skin due to their use of quality ingredients. I also like how the nappy cream has a reasonable amount of zinc in it.”
- “We started using the wash and nappy rash cream to manage a nasty teething rash covering my son’s chin, neck and onto his chest. We had used a myriad of products with limited results. He seems to prefer the DermaVeen nappy rash cream on his rash over any other product we have used, it’s the only one he will sit still for us to apply!! The rash appears less irritated after a week of use.”
- “Using the DV moisturising cream, baby’s skin was softer and smoother. My baby broke out with eczema when we used [a different brand of] baby wash. Once we swapped to DV Extra Gentle Baby Soap Free Wash, within a matter of days, my baby’s skin improved and we have continued to use the product with the moisturiser every bath to keep baby’s skin hydrated and protected.”
- “Absolutely love the moisturising cream. So thick and absorbs beautifully into the skin.”
- “The moisturising cream went on beautifully and kept my baby’s skin very soft.”
- “The cream has a nice thick texture and baby wash is great. I like that it doesn’t have a lot of chemicals in it.”
- “Baby’s eczema has definitely improved by using the products.”
- “I feel it made my baby’s skin feel extra soft and didn’t dry her skin out like other baby products we have used.”
- “A fantastic product with no nasties.”
- “I have struggled to find a suitable range for my baby that isn’t chock full of nasty stuff. I absolutely loved being a part of this trial! After three babies, I feel that I’ve now found a wonderful brand that I trust and will use again and again.”
- “My daughter was getting red, dry patches on her skin after her baths. The DV wash and moisturiser have gotten rid of the patches and she is back to baby smooth skin.”
- “My baby had nappy rash that wouldn’t leave her but with only a few [applications] of DermaVeen it cleared up substantially. I have a sensitive sense of smell and am quite happy with how DermaVeen is relatively ‘scentless’.”
Finally, more than 90 per cent of the almost 50 mums involved in our DermaVeen trial gave the products the ultimate thumbs up, saying they’d purchase them again. For more information on the baby range, head to DermaVeen.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
(This is a sponsored post for DermaVeen – 2016-09-014)